Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The hook up

Everyone loves a good hook up right?  Saving a few dollars here and there because you "know a guy", or know a guy who knows a guy.  Old me didn't believe in hook ups, thought they were a recipe for disaster, that doing things the cheap way would burn you, and you'd end up paying more in the long run. 

Then I became broke me, and the hook up became so much more appealing.  You could get stuff done for 50% off, or more.  Sure what you got was of a questionable quality and origin, but you'd saved a few dollars.  Or had you?  And by "you" I totally mean me.

It turns out, old me was so right.  99% of the time, the hook up is a big bad idea, or a least is is for me. I've ended up in worse situation, or have had to spend more money, or have lost time messing around trying to get a hook up that likely wasn't worth a darn.  

No more.  I'll pay full price, get a warranty and do things the "right" way. It's not worth the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment